Well, it wasn't insanely hot(95 degrees,) but this pregnant lady was still pleasantly relieved when Aaron suggested taking the kids to the Union Pacific Museum in Council Bluffs. We hadn't been there for probably 5 years, so we were due a visit. They added a lot more exhibits since we were there last, and it is more kid-friendly now. My photos are REALLY poor quality because there is no flash photography allowed, and it is a seriously dark museum. Indoor photography is not my forte' to begin with, so I was really struggling to get my camera figured out while hanging out with the kids, and after a while I decided that I'd rather have fun with them instead of worrying about great shots. Luckily, we still got a couple of cute, albeit blurry, pics out of the day!
A fun old-fashioned dynamite box. They had a cool rock wall that lit up and made a huge boom when you pushed the lever down. Rylan really got a kick out of it.
Nona was NOT feeling friendly towards the Old West cowboys.
Party line!
Relaxing in a 50's era train car.
I love that Union Pacific bought the old Council Bluffs Library and turned it into a museum. What a beautiful building, and it's fun to tell the kids that Grandma Sargent used to come here to get books when she was their age!
History makes us hungry. We stopped for a not-so-healthy lunch at Taco Bell, for a special treat.
This may or may not be a "please-stop-taking-pictures-at-Taco Bell" look.












No comments:
Post a Comment