Friday, September 24, 2010

Projects

The Fall season has begun and that means it's time to start up house projects again! I haven't really done any projects or decorating since Spring. It was nice to take several months off and just enjoy family time in the Summer, but I'm happy to get going on the house again. Since we found out that we're having another girl we decided to move everyone in to different rooms. That means months of decorating for me....YAY!

Here are a couple of things we've been working on these last two weeks.

I'll start with the worst. This is the girls' room. It's going to be blue/grey and white with some touches of green. I want it to have a very french influence with lots of cute little birds. We started last night by taking down 2 layers of ugly border. By we, I mean my mom. Thanks Mom! The color is not quite correct in the picture but the original wall color is a brown squashy color. We're painting all the trim white because it's so mismatched and pieced together.
The new wall color is a really really light blue. Almost white, actually. I just painted the one wall so far. I want some light brown and white tree silhouettes painted on the biggest wall and it dawned on me last night that I should take advantage of Loyal being here, so I hurriedly put two coats on so he could paint the trees before he leaves. He is a professional artist and travels all over the country with an art company that does insanely huge murals and sculptures for mega churches. Pretty neat stuff. I'm really excited that he can paint the trees for me because I cannot draw a tree to save my life! I'll post pics of the trees tomorrow.


Here's the inspiration for the trees

The steps. Still very much a work in progress. I stripped the tops of the steps of two layers of paint and we've stained a couple. The wall obviously still needs to be sanded and painted and it's a big project but it's coming along. I just sanded the fronts of the steps last week, painted them white and added the numbers.


Our bedroom: Almost done! Repainted everything including the floor. My good friend Leia is coming sometime soon to help me paint the floor with a diamond pattern. It will be greyish blue and white. I cannot wait to see how it turns out!!! As you can see, I also still need to get knobs for a couple of the dresser drawers.

It's been a busy couple of weekends for weddings.

This first bouquet was for Jacob and Becca's wedding, a couple from our church.

And this one was for Andy and Sarah Kate, some friends from "way back when." How lucky for me that I got to do TWO hydrangea weddings in a row! I just love hydrangeas!



2 comments:

  1. everything looks so amazing! I wish I had your talent! you're really pulling off the vintage look in your house very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so talented Mel, everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete