Phase one of kitchen project - paint cabinets!
Tomorrow we're going to order the flooring. We have to wait 2 weeks for it to come in, because no one in Omaha carries laminate in the color we want. :( I will have to be patient, which is really hard right now, because I'm so excited to get it all done! Phase 3 will be to put in a long wooden countertop with bar stools, on the wall where the pot rack is currently hanging. I'm very much looking forward to having a little more seating. I think it will really come in handy when I start school with Rylan and Bree next month. We will be able to have our school area and eating area separate. Shelves will go above the counter with plenty of room for all our plates, bowl, pitchers, etc....The top half of the wall will be painted with black chalkboard paint and the bottom will be knotty pine painted white! In the meantime, I'm going to try and get the rest of the walls painted and make some curtains.
Michelle and my aunt Marilyn came over Saturday morning, and we were able to get all the cabinets painted in ONE DAY, thanks to the awesome primer-and-paint-in-one that Stacy recommended to me. Definitely worth the extra 10 bucks! Thanks also go out to Stacy, who after a year and a half of me wishing for a white kitchen, was the only person to say, "who cares if the cabinets are new, paint them anyway!" Stacy, you're the best!

oh my gravy your kitchen looks AMAZING! with wood floors too... that will be the icing on the cake!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great Melissa!! Can't wait to see it in person! The bar and shelving is a really good idea too. Fun fun!!
ReplyDelete