Monday, November 2, 2009

Random Busyness

Grant is smiling! He is such a sweetheart. Poor baby is sick right now though. He's the last of the kids to get an ear infection. Double ear infection, actually. We took him in this afternoon because he was up crying all night, which is SO unlike him. He had to have a shot instead of oral antibiotics because he is so young. Very traumatic experience. :( I guess it's a really painful shot and they have to mix it with Novocaine to numb up his little leg. Rylan was very concerned. He put his coat over his head because he didn't want to watch. He felt so bad for Grant! Hopefully he should be feeling better soon. The nurses weighed him for me and he was 9lbs, 2oz.! He is now 6 weeks old.


Busy day today! Our friends Mike and Annie bought their first home and we went there this morning to check it out and help with a little painting/wallpaper scraping. We're so excited for them! We had a nice little lunch at Pepper Jax Grille. Yum yum. I love phillies!

Aaron had court at 1:20, and Grant had his appointment at 2:00, so we parted ways after lunch. Rylan, Bree, Grant and I (Elle spent the day with my mom) stopped at the humane society to check out the kitties. We're looking for a short-haired, black female kitten or cat to keep indoors. I've been looking for about a month now with no luck. Didn't find anything today either.

Aaron met us at Grant's appointment and afterwards he took the kids home so I could run some errands. I had a nice quiet time shopping for shampoo and mouse traps at Walmart, and spent WAY too much time at Hobby Lobby.

Faith, Mom, and I went to bible study here in Glenwood tonight. We're going through Beth Moore's study on the Tabernacle. Totally amazing stuff. Great lesson tonight about how Jesus's thoughts toward us outnumber the sand. How incredibly amazing that we are always on His mind and that everything He allows in my life has been thought through and determined to be for my good and His glory. What a truly able God we serve!

After Bible study I finished decorating the entryway for Fall. Yes, I know, I'm really behind. :)

So that's my day today.
Nothing too exciting, or particularly interesting, but it was nice all the same....It's just great to enjoy family and appreciate living in the love of God. He is so gracious!

1 comment:

  1. that is a GREAT pciture of Grant. The lighting was perfect! Sorry he is sick. that is tough - for mama and baby!

    I know what you mean about way too much time in hobby lobby. I mean, how many people do you know that have a weekly hobby lobby grocery list?... in my defense though, it is because of this new house, I was not this bad before! Ok, maybe at CHristmas time I was this bad...

    ReplyDelete